The first part of the FAQ describes the setup of the sow card on the screen, while the last part describes the printing and setup of the sow card for printing.
The sow card on the screen
All herd animals that are created under Sows/boars are assigned a sow card, where you can get an overview of the sow's data.
You can access the sow card in several ways:
- Click the icon on the desktop
- Select "Sow card" in the menu "Sows/Boars"
- Double-click on a sow no. in any window. The sow card is opened for the sow in question and if you select another sow, the sow card will automatically move to it.
The sow card is divided into five categories:
- The first part is information regarding entry of the sow
- The second part is regarding litter results
- The third part shows selected key figures for the animal
- The fourth part is the exit details of the sow
- The fifth part can be used for comments regarding the sow
Icon for setup:
The following window will open when clicking on this:
Here you can checkmark the items you want to be visible on the sow card. Accept by clicking OK.
- "Show result" select / de-selects section 3 with key figures.
- "Show exit" select / de-selects section 4 on exits.
- "Show text" select/ de-selects section 5 with notes.
- "Open dead piglet" select / de-selects the window with dead piglets.
- "Open piglet transfer" select / de-selects the window with transferred piglets.
- "Open medicine" select / de-selects the window with treatments registered against a sow number.
- "Open remarks" select / de-selects the window with supplemental registration.
If a mark is placed or removed in one of the 4 bottom points, the change does not take effect until the sow card has been closed down and opened again.
If you click ”Layout” you get a printer friendly version of the sow card that you can print directly.
By using the icon Layout setup ( the green icon) you can customize you own sow card by adding exactly what you need to the layout. When you click the icon this is what you will see:
In this box you select which part of the sow card you want to edit:
- The first part is general information about the sow.
- The second part is about litter results
- The third part is showing key figures
- The fourth part is about the exit
Once you have chosen which part of the sow card you want to edit, the layout setup works in the same way as in all other windows. Read if necessary the quick guide on layout setup.
Find a herd animal by entering the sow number in the top left corner and press Enter. Another option is using the arrows left and right to switch between the animals. (Only active herd animals will be shown).
Create a new sow card: Enter the sow number in the top left corner and press Enter. If the number is not already in use, you will see this message:
If you want to create a new sow card you can press Yes. If the number already exists in you herd, but the sow has an exit date, you can re-use the number. In this case you must create the sow using the tab Sows/boars – Entry.
Print sow card
If you want to print several sow cards you can use the function "Print sowcard" under the Sows/boars-menu.
In the top of the window there is a drop-down box called "Selection", where there are various options for selecting sow cards for printing.
If you choose "Sow numbers to be entered" you can enter the specific sows you want to print the sowcard of.
If you choose "Service groups to be entered" you must enter the service group number and all the sowcards of the sows in the servicegroup will be printed.
If you choose "Service date of sows in gestation" you will have to enter the servicedate of the sows you want to print the sowcard of.
If you choose "Forrowing date of suckling sows" you must enter the farrowing date of the sows you want to print the sowcard of.
If you choose "Weaning date of empty sows" you have to enter the date on which the sows have farrowed the last time and their sowcards will be printed.
If you choose "Expected farrowing date (only in gestation)" you must enter the farrowing date of the sows you want to print the sowcards of.
Setup sow card layout
By using "Setup layout sow card"-function in "Print sow cards", you can customize your sow cards.
The top of the sow card is divided in 3 sections. Top left – Top middle- Top right
The middle of the sow card is divided in 5 sections 1-5.
The bottom of the sow card is divided in 3 sections. Bottom left – Bottom middle – Bottom right.
All sections can be customized by pressing the actual section.
When you click ”Show info” you can select from a drop-down-box. The selections are different in the different sections of the sow card.