Investigations that have been given a (geographic) shape by the laboratory are automatically linked to Fields or Crops if they also have a shape. You can set up this link via the menu option Communication and then tab Laboratories. Choose Manual linking if the study and/or the plot/culture does not have a form. You can then select the Parcel or crop from a list. You can also choose Manual linking if forms are present but do not overlap and you still want to link them. Surveys with a short validity period (e.g. N-min survey) are linked to Crops. Surveys with a long-term validity, such as a fertilization survey, are linked to Fields.